Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Places in Denver

This is Marion, my street in Cheeseman Park, just south of downtown (or dwntwn, as I like to text). I love my neighborhood and I love my street. I love the strolling male male couples, the trees, the hipsters on bikes, etc.... the nonchalant way people carry bags of dog poop. I love the king soopers, ice cream shop, ace hardware, capitol hill liquor store, local video store 5 blocks away; the 7-11 & whole foods two blocks away; the gypsy cafe, pizza & beer joint, scuzzy convenience store, "glass gifts" shop not 1 block away. Especially the scuzzy convenience store & it's owner, because he gave me change for laundry after the gypsy refused. I love this place. It's always sunny on Capitol Hill.

One thing... I'd like to live a little farther away from the month 't month crackhead holding tank half way dorm. I don't know if these people are truly crackheads, thats the rumor in my building, and I don't know a crack head personally. But from what I've observed and heard, they have difficulty walking down steps (up doesn't seem to be a problem) and have lost or are losing most of their hearing.


This is my building. Cute, huh? I'm on the ivy side, nice and shaded. It covers 2 of my three windows. Nothin but parallel parking. Still haven't remastered it yet. This week was street sweeping week, and I dodged a $50 ticket. Thank you very much considerate sidewalk stranger for the reminder.

My Very First Studio Space, Ladies & Gentleman.

It's in the basement of a building on Santa Fe St, in the Santa Fe Art District of Denver, just ~1.2 miles west of my apartment. Way Cool. I am spending more time driving around gathering supplies than creating & building, but better now than in the icy winter, when I will spend way more time here.

Cristine is my studio neighbor. She's a hard worker. She rents 2 spaces and is always there when I show up. I'm renting kiln space from her, along with learning the whole ceramics firing process. Good Stuff.