Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hinman '09


My co-worker, Cindy, and I took off on Wednesday, March 18th, afternoon to Atlanta for the national dental conference they call the Hinman.  We took turns driving the county SUV (along US 40, then 219 to 95 to 85, I think) and listened to Huey Lewis and the News, John Cougar and George Strait, in that order.  It was was a beautiful day and surprisingly not uncomfortable riding together.  

After we checked into the hotel we hit the nearest mexican restaurant.  I had two bean tacos and a peach margarita and Cindy had a cheese quesadilla and Long Island ice tea.  Delicious! 
No the county did not pay for the drinks!  We walked directly back to the hotel after dinner, in spite of our desire to cut loose as unknowns.  We went to bed at ~9:30p.
And the next day we threw ourselves into 3 hour lectures, everything dental.
Thousands of people attended.  300+ people attended each lecture I did.  I like the lecture and learn scene.  After 3 hours my ass was begging me to do something else.  But hey, learned some new stuff, refreshed old knowledge and saw Atlanta for the first time.  Cool.