Monday, September 19, 2011

Met Ma & Pa in Abilene, KS

My loving parents packed up the things I left at their house in Roanoke, IN, plus my cat, Kitty-Gato, and drove 13 hours in their Outback to meet me in Abilene, KS, this weekend. I drove 7.5 hours. They are very generous people. Thanks MoM & DaD!!

Much appreciated. Now I have tons of stuff I like and don't have to buy again: kitchen utensils, clothes, tools, lamps, art supplies, art, kitty stuff... It's like Christmas in September. Not to mention my baby kitty is with me again. And seems to remember & love me, even though I leave her for months every so often.

Mom totally saved this picture from being the cheesiest family picture ever taken. This hair style I call 'meeting my parents in the middle of Kansas, who cares'. Wasn't thinking about posting it on the internet. Dad might have been, he brushed his hair. I should know by now.

Kitty-Gato. Kitty-Gatito Negro. Kitty-Gatito Negro Gordo. Baby Waby Baby Boo Boo.
Yeah, she's a girl, but I like how the 'o' sounds at the end of her name. Ma & Pa brought me my Rosetta Stone, too. I've been craving some Colombian style vocab.

She has already found her favorite window. Such a nice comfortable wide ledge just for her.

The next morning she's back at the window enjoying the new city morning sounds. Hoards of sparrows spend time in the vines. They'll entertain her, or I may never see them again.

Now to put all the stuff away & organize. I really do love this part, nesting.