Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pike National Forest, Aug 21

Sunday I met a hiking group in Denver at 9am to carpool back to Bailey, CO, for a day hike in Pike National Forest. It borders Lost Creek Wilderness where Justin & I's hellacious 28 mile hike took place. If my memory is right, Grandma Clark told me once upon a time that we are descendants of Zebulon Pike.

I hope thats right, how cool. It was a very enjoyable 8 mile loop- no big climbs or rocks to climb around. So all attention was spent socializing. My carpool group was so much fun, a very out-going group of Mark from NY, Eiko from Japan, & Kasia from Polland. We really enjoyed each other's company, it was refreshing and much needed. After the hike 20 of the 27 of us ate lunch at 3000 Margaritas, a Mexican restaurant in Conifer, half way back to Denver. Good Day.